Ofsted Inspection 2012
Lena Gardens Primary School: Ofsted’s interim assessment 100333
I am pleased to provide some important information about Lena Gardens Primary School.
As you may know, during its last inspection in Jul-09, Ofsted inspectors judged your child’s school to be good. Schools which are performing well are now inspected less often than other schools. This usually means that good schools are inspected once in five years, whilst satisfactory schools will be inspected at least once every three years.
Some good schools are inspected after three years; others may have their inspections put back. To help decide whether we can wait longer than three years before undertaking a full inspection of a good school, Her Majesty’s Inspectors look at, and evaluate, various sources of information, as listed below. This is called an ‘interim assessment.’
The results of the interim assessment
In carrying out the interim assessment, we considered the following:
- pupils’ attainment, including the attainment of significant groups of pupils with a focus on disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs, and pupils’ attainment in core subjects
- pupils’ progress, including the progress made by different groups of pupils
- pupils’ attendance
- any inspection visits carried out by Ofsted since the last routine inspection
- qualifying complaints1 about the school referred to Ofsted by parents or carers
1 Ofsted has specific powers (under section 11a–c of the Education Act 2005, as amended) to investigate certain complaints, known as qualifying complaints.
- results from Parent View
- any other significant issues brought to Ofsted’s attention, including from the relevant local authority.
I am pleased to inform you that our interim assessment shows that the school’s performance has been sustained and that we can defer its next full inspection.
As a result, the next full inspection will not take place any earlier than the summer term 2013 unless we receive information in the course of the coming year that causes us to inspect earlier.
I wish everyone involved in the school continued success in the future.
The 2009 Lena Gardens Ofsted Inspection Report can be downloaded here.