Universal Infant Free School Meals
Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have been entitled to receive a Free School Meal every day.
Very Important Information
All children who are entitled to Free School Meals because of their family circumstances bring an additional £1300 into the school budget to support their learning experiences at school. This money is known as Pupil Premium money and enables school to plan and support learning opportunities for these children.
If your child is entitled to free school meals anyway you still need to apply and register your entitlement otherwise school will not receive this additional funding.
A child is entitled to Free School meals if parents/carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income support;
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs);
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If you are in receipt of any of the above please download the form below, complete it and return it:
In person: H&F Direct Centre, 1st floor, Town Hall Extension, King Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9JU.
By post to: London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, h&f Direct, Town Hall Extension, King Street, W6 9JU.
Telephone enquiries: The section is open for telephone enquiries Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm. Telephone number: 020 8753 6681.
Alternatively we have copies that you can collect from the school office, or You can also download a copy of the form by following the LBHF FREE SCHOOL MEALS FORM link here.